03 August 2015

Krafty Tips and Tutes: Making A Shaker Card

Hi everyone! 
It's krafty girl Marilyn here and today I'd like to show you how I make a "shaker" card.  Through trial and error I have come up with the idea of using foam board instead of foam adhesive.  Let's get started!
Supplies
Spellbinder Dies, Foam Board, Acetate, Glue, Sequins.


Cut 4 large circles (one at a time) with the small die inside, then glue them together and let dry.




I use foam board instead of foam adhesive because it's stronger and you don't get the sticky sides.  The amount of circles depends on how deep you want the shaker to be.

I've cut, layered and taped my card stock/designer paper together and using the large die, place it on the paper where you want the opening to be.  Tape it down and cut.  I've placed mine off center.  You may have to run it through your cutting machine a few times.



Now, you're ready for the fun part of making the shaker.  Cut a piece of acetate larger than the opening and tape to the back of the card.

Next, glue down your circles on top of the acetate, making sure they align with the opening in the card. Let dry.

Now, add your sequins or beads, then I added another circle of card stock to close the back.
 

Add some foam adhesive and attach to your card base.



As you can see I used the Spellbinder scalloped die to decorate the front of my card.  Once the shaker part of the card is finished you can decorate and go crazy!

Here is my card all finished using the "Dragon Queen" stamp.



There are so many ways to make and incorporate a shaker element to your card.  You can make the opening any size or shape you would like.  Here is another card I made awhile ago with the image on the inside of the shaker. 
The image is the from stamp set called "Itty Bitty Friends".  Here I've used beads instead of the sequins.  The method to make the shaker card is still the same.
I hope this has inspired you to make a few shaker cards of your own!  Don't forget to share if you do!

Marilyn

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the foam board idea! Thanks so much!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! Thanks so much for the tutorial and your samples are just stunning! x

    ReplyDelete